Axiom XST in the US?

Does anyone know if they plan on releasing this or not? I think a 4 door, diesel would do really well, especially after clean diesel is released.

Right now Isuzu isn't making any vehicles for the US. Axiom production was halted in 2004 as was the Rodeo and Trooper. Only thing I know they are planning on bringing to the USA is a truck. Diesels aren't sold that much in the USA in passenger cars. I believe it's because of emmisions regulations. Also, diesel fuel has become costly.
Numan wrote:

The Trooper's last year was 2002...but from what I've seen it lasted at least another year overseas (namely Australia, probably others). :-(
I noticed this week that the local Isuzu dealership has gotten in 3 of the new pickups. Haven't stopped to take a look...
I'm not sure what's up with the whole diesel in the USA thing...I don't think it's anything to do with emissions. I think it's mainly a public image thing - folks here think of diesels as being noisy, dirty, etc. Jeep is offering a diesel in their Liberty this year, supposedly with better gas mileage. Depending on what it is, it would likely make up the $0.10 difference between regular unleaded and diesel... I believe I would have at least seriously considered a diesel in our 2002 Trooper had it been an option...
Wesley

And why aren't diesels "sold that much in the USA in passenger cars"? Perhaps it's because they're not OFFERED in the USA in passenger cars, except VW and I think Mercedes finally has a diesel now. I understand the VW TDI sells fairly well, in spite of being a VW.
Jack