back door light on 95 trooper

Anyone have this problem. The light has gone out on the back door. Bulb is fine and fuses are not blown. Any ideas?

Best Guess with out being able to look at it. Pin switch going bad or dirty or the switch on the light is set in the wrong position.
--
I work very hard to maintain this level of ignorance!

Brett Williams wrote:

Or the wire at the back of the switch came loose or broken.
Kind regards, Erik-Jan.
I've got this problem. If I smack it, it works. Not sure how to fix...

I have a 96 Trooper and in the cold weather this is also a problem - seems the contact sticks and if you press it a couple times the light'll come on. It is located next to the small rear door under the weather seal - where the other door will contact it when closed.. I suspect a bit of moisture gets in and freezes.. it does not happen when temp is above freezing.