Backup light switch for 1997 Rodeo

Hi everyone,
I live in Costa Rica and own a 1997 Isuzu Rodeo. While I was in the States I bought a backup light switch. However, the parts place gave me
the wrong part. I can get the part here in Costa Rica and would like to install it myself. However, I cannot find any info on where the thing is located on the transmission. I own an Isuzu repair manual but it does not contain any info about the backup light switch.
Oh, and one more thing. My "check engine" light is on and I am not sure why. It is obviously one of those dummy lights that gives you not indication of what to check. Any advice?
Thanks,
Kurt Pura Vida
By the way, I have been searching the internet for a back-up light switch and cannot find one. Can anyone suggest a location online to buy a back-up light switch for a 1997 Isuzu Rodeo, 2.6L 4 cylinder?
My guess is that the mechanic here in Costa Rica said he could get it but he may not have actually tried.
Thanks,
Kurt