Bad gas milage on 96 Rodeo

Hi,

I just bought a 96 Rodeo with 3.2L V6, and at first glance, it seems to get about 13 MPG around the city. Is this in the realm of reason, or should I suspect something is wrong? It's got about 68,000 and seems to run ok. I haven't checked any of the basics yet, just wanted to get an opinion on what I should reasonably expect.

Thanks, Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Laughlin

Bruce,

In my experience with the same year, same engine Rodeo, that's pretty low. Of course I don't know what transmission you have, mine is a 5spd. Almost

180K on it at this point, and still gets better than that around town, and close to 21-22 on the highway(never did get all that great on the highway, don't think it ever got much better than 25-26mpg)

Reply to
43fan

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I'll have to do some more testing of the mileage to see what it really is. The tranny is a 4-speed automatic. Hopefully, some routine maint gets me a little better mileage as well.

Reply to
Bruce Laughlin