Ball Joints

UK 1998 Isuzu.
Has had a rattle from nearside fron wheel area for many months particularly when going round a long right hand bend, been unable to find anything, no
apparent play in steering, drive shaft or suspension, little bit in wheel bearings but servicing vehicle today, I found top suspension arm ball split and grease underneath it, lower ball joint showed grease underneath. Could not detect any siginficant play in them is grease underneath ball joint indicative of wear in them? I suspect it may be.
Thanks in anticipation.
David
Tiscali News wrote:

post this in http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/ or do a search there
it may have a little more traffic than usenet

Thank you for that link, traffic seems to have diminished somewhat in this newsgroup.
David
Hmmm, rattle? This could be caused by the exhaust pipe, muffler, etc getting close to a fixed surface due to the bend.
Good luck
Tiscali News wrote:

Check your cv gaither is not split.

You might see if you shock absorber top cover is loose and rattling against the sway bar. My 99 Amigo was doing this when I bought it. The noise went away when I replaced the shocks. Andy