Ball Joints

UK 1998 Isuzu.

Has had a rattle from nearside fron wheel area for many months particularly when going round a long right hand bend, been unable to find anything, no apparent play in steering, drive shaft or suspension, little bit in wheel bearings but servicing vehicle today, I found top suspension arm ball split and grease underneath it, lower ball joint showed grease underneath. Could not detect any siginficant play in them is grease underneath ball joint indicative of wear in them? I suspect it may be.

Thanks in anticipation.

David

Reply to
Tiscali News

post this in

or do a search there it may have a little more traffic than usenet

Reply to
mozza

Hmmm, rattle? This could be caused by the exhaust pipe, muffler, etc getting close to a fixed surface due to the bend.

Good luck

Tiscali News wrote:

Reply to
AS

Thank you for that link, traffic seems to have diminished somewhat in this newsgroup.

David

Reply to
Tiscali News

Reply to
News.individual.net

You might see if you shock absorber top cover is loose and rattling against the sway bar. My 99 Amigo was doing this when I bought it. The noise went away when I replaced the shocks. Andy

Reply to
Busman