Ball Joints? 87 Trooper. is there an easy way?

Is there an easy way to remove the lower ball joints in an 87 Isuzu Trooper? I need to replace them, but last time I tried I gave up, I couldn't even make them budge. And by the way, I can't find a ball joint seperator big
enough for this so I heard about the hammer on the side method. Could someone please give me a complete breakdown of how to do it easily.....Thank you ahead of time.......
Jeff K.
I gave up on mine as well and trusted it to the local mechanic. The hammer the side method is quite simple but you have to be brutal.Place a jack under the joint so there is some upward pressure on it get someone else to hold a large metal object against one side of the a arm at the joint then hit the other side with a large hammer as hard as you can Dont miss.I have heard of a method using a sledge hammer to hit the end of the a arm. I have not succsesfully used either of these methods so will not vouch for there effectiveness or safty.

Trooper?
easily.....Thank
Thanks Alan, I'll give it a try and see what happens. I appeciate it...

big