best shocks for trooper

are these the best shocks for trooper 93 4 door ?

the link at the top of the page for the front shocks lists 2 different models, is there anything significant about them?

any recommendations and links appreciated, thanks.

Reply to
Joe Isuzu

Are those KYB shocks? If so, the red one (which looks like a MonoMax) is s'pose to be a great shock for Troopers. I'm about to buy a full set from

for my '01 Trooper LS. Best prices ANYWHERE!

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I now see that they ARE KYB MonoMax shocks. That price sucks. Check out suspension parts at

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I've been thinking about replacing shocks on my 98 Trooper - right now it's undriveable on gravel roads at speeds above 40mph or so. Also the Trooper is unstable at highway speeds + little bit of crosswind. Will Monomax shocks improve truck's handling noticeably? Alternatively there are Koni shock absorbers, but these are much more costly.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Peter -

I don't know about Koni's on Troopers, but I have seen a lot of good stuff about MonoMax's. IIRC, both Koni and Bilstein are said to be somewhat harsh. Rancho 5000/9000 shocks seem to be popular with off-roaders, but it seems that folks who have the MonoMax's really like them in everyday driving for reducing body sway and crosswind sensitivity.

Directional instability is one of the conditions I really hope to correct with the MonoMax shocks. If I ever get around to putting them on, I'll report back. Until then, go to

snipped-for-privacy@223.KheAc snipped-for-privacy@.eeb/9361!make=Isuzu&model=All&ed_makeindex=.ee9513band run a search on MonoMax. You also might check out
to see how changesin alignment settings might improve handling. I haven't had a re-alignmentyet, but I'm willing to try almost anything at this point. Dave

Reply to
Dave

In my experience alignment has to be off real bad to noticeably influence stability. My other vehicle is Opel Frontera (aka Isuzu Rodeo), and driving that used to be horrible experience until mechanic fixed wheel alignment, front right was misplaced by ~1 inch due to collision damage.

I also did wheel re-alignment on Trooper (it was eating rubber), and it didn't really change anything in terms of handling.

I'm probably going to bite and order those KYBs... price is good especially considering what they cost here in Europe. It's a good thing I have US Trooper ;)

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Dave wrote

this is what I got on tirerack.com

Suspension Products Performance Categories for 1993 Isuzu

There are no results available for this vehicle.

Reply to
Joe Isuzu

ok, got the price out from tirerack.com, you're right, it's abut $13 less on tirerack compared to overnightautoparts price

(tirerack) Front fitment Price: $46.00 (each) Rear fitment Price: $47.00 (each) (overnightautoparts) Shock Absorber MonoMax L4000-85297 In Stock KYB $94.24 60.92

Reply to
Joe Isuzu

Hmm . . . must have been an input error. Here's the link for your '93 Troop. Scroll down the page for the MonoMax info.

Front - M565022 Rear - M565023

Your '93 takes the same shocks as my '01

Go here

to crossreference all Trooper model years for the KYB. Go here
if you would like to confirmdirectly with KYB.

Dave

Reply to
Dave