BFG all terrains

i have a set of BFG all terrains on my '93 rodeo with ~45k miles in them and plenty of tread. two of the tires have several (20+) 'cracks in the sidewall where it meets the tread. the cracks radiate from the
center and the largest one is about 3" long. Anybody else have this problem with BFG's??
-brian
i have a set of BFG all terrains on my '93 rodeo.... two of the tires have developed several (20+) 'cracks' in the sidewall, one of them is over 3" long. the tires still are functional (i.e. haven't blown out). have ~45k miles on them and plenty of tread. the cracks start where the sidewall ends and the tread begins. Anyone else have this problem with BFG's?
-brian

Sounds like you've been mud riding and didnt wash the mud off the tires, causing them to dry rot.. I always hose down my vehicle after going "mudstompin" in it.
Chuck
I had this as well but the tyres were 8 years old and around the same milage with only 4mm tread left.I put it down to good old natural old age. The biggest cause of this is running tyres at low presures causeing exess heat and flexxing