Broken Key in 98 Trooper Ignition - any experience in getting cylinder out?

All, My better half managed to break off her key in the ignition, leaving the tip buried down into the cylinder. Luckily, I was able to re-insert the broken stub and get the lock to unlock, and to start the truck. I'm sure she'll forget and pull the key out, leaving her stranded somewhere... while I figure out what to do to fix it. I'm sure I have to disassemble the steering wheel (which has my friend the airbag in it) and release the cylinder, so I can have another one made to fit the doors... has anyone been through this process on this year and model? Steve

Reply to
GreenGas