Can I use my 1999 Trooper w/TOD with the check TOD light flashing

I have a 1999 ISUZU Trooper with 110,000 miles, My check TOD light started flashing last night and I'm sure it's a vacuum problem. QUESTION. Can I use the Trooper in two wheel drive with the light
flashing?
Yes, turn off the auto switch!!