check engine light 96 isuzu hombre-FYInfo

My check engine light used to come on all the time when my gas tank went down to 1/4 or 1/2 tank level and the weather would change. Recently I took my truck into the shop and found that my filler neck
tube needed replacing. Since then my check engine light comes on no more!
hands on wrote:

Was it cracked or any visable sign , of why it needed to be replaced

I could smell gas leaking between the cab and truck box. I took it to a shop and they did a smoke test to find the gas leak.