Check Engine Light: Code P0446 in 2001 Trooper

I'm receiving a CEL code of P0446: "Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Control Circuit" in my 2001 Trooper with 56,000 miles. Yes, I know about the loose gas cap issue...I even replaced the gas
cap to make sure but I'm still receiving the CEL. I'm thinking it's either a vent line from the gas tank to the carbon canister or the actual sensor that's bad. Anyone else have similar problems with their Trooper? Where's the carbon canister and associated vent line in this year Trooper? the sensor? Any help would be much appreciated.
JC
I had that error on my Dodge Ram. First time it was a vent hose from the tank to the canister. 2nd time was the canister fittings cracked. I do not know much about Troopers but follow the vent lines from the gas fill tube to the tank, and from the tank to the canister. All it takes is a small hole in one of the rubber hoses or a bad fitting.