Check engine light, don't flash

I have a 1990 Trooper with the 2.6L, 4cyl. I changed the injector O-rings today which requires plenum removal. After reassembly the truck started and ran fine. After about 10min of running it started running bad and the check engine light came on. I tried to read the ECM but when I connected the two diagnostic wires together and turned on the ignition the check engine light came on but did not blink, it just stayed on. I checked over the engine real close to make sure all vac hoses and wires were connected. I found a wire that was loose. I tightened it but nothing has changed. Now the truck will not start at all. The wire I found loose had 3 wires going into 1 eye. It connected to the front side of the intake. With the key on and this wire unhooked, the check engine light does not come on, but the truck still will not start. I think I may have fried the ECM but I would hate to go buy a new one and that not be the problem. Also while checking all of this I found the transistor under the intake was so hot that it would burn you. Does anyone have any ideas?

Wayne

Reply to
Jason S