Check Engine Light ON

Hi,

I have a Honda Passport (97) (Rodeo), and I had a Check Engine Light on three days, and after this, it is off. I noticed that this happens after a car wash, but I am not sure if this is related.

Should I bring the car to a Honda or isuzu dealer? Is this issue important?

Thanks.

Reply to
cUcU

Did you by chance just get gas while at the car wash? If so, your gas cap could be leaking or not on tight. Before going to a dealer, take it to the nearest AutoZone and ask them to read the computer codes. They will do so free of charge. That will give you and idea of what the problem might be. Hopefully it will be something simple.

Reply to
Miles

Thnaks. I will check the codes in AutoZone, but so far, the check engine light is off. So maybe the problem is gone.

Reply to
cUcU

The code should be stored and will still come up. Might let ya know of a pending problem.

Reply to
Miles

Reply to
BCDC