Coolant leak on 1996 3.2L V6 Rodeo

Hello.
I have a 1996 3.2L V6 Rodeo.
After alot of grunting and exploring, I have localized a coolant leak to the foloowing area:
From underneath the SUV, move the wire bundles out of the way that are just
forward (towards the front) in front of the oil pan.
The leak seems to be oozing from above the forward driver-side edge of the oil pan cover (where the * is)
| | | oil | | | pan | | | | |*|______________| fwd |/ | | | _ | | ___| <oil cooler and oil filter |
I can't for the life of me figure out what is there that coolant can be coming from and how to get to it.
Maybe the top of the oil cooler assembly (where it joins to the block), but I can't see up in there.
If there is a leak of something where the cooler attaches to the block, would that be an oil leak or a coolant leak?? (I thought that coolant went through the hoses that go into the side of the cooler near the oil filter)
My Haynes's manual does not have an exploded view of the whole engine, so it doesn't help. (The best picture that shows the area is on Page 3-9 Figure 8-1. The leak would be about a 3/4 to 1" higher and slightly to the right of the "E" circle.)
Any suggestions or ideas welcome. Anyone seen this before, or is familiar enough with this area who knows what's going on??
Thanks!
John
Could be the waterpump
Update on my coolant leak search (maybe this will help someone else in a similiar situation):
The leak is not from the oil cooler. Coolant flows throuh a hose through the cooler and back up. Not the culprit.
The leak is actually from a coolant manifold that is between the engine and the firewall. There are several hoses going into and out of it and it is seaping somewhere and running down to the above the oil pan.
Any ideas on how to get to this manifold? It is stuck waaay back there.
Thanks!
John

John wrote:

You'll be taking apart some parts to get down in there. At least the plenum has to come off as well as possibly the fuel rail. But at least with the plenum off, you'll be able to see more.
Get a book, and take digital photos along the way so you can look at your progress as you go, unless you have better short-term memory than I do when working with so many little parts.
AIRN