Dealer Called about Rodeo 60K mile Service...

In addition to the regular 60K service at $309

He says Filter: $59 Serpentine Belt $69.95 Emission Port is 90% blocked clean out costs -$99.90 Fuel Injector Flush $150 REar Differential Service $96.90

I am pretty sure the Fuel Injector flush is a WASTE as is Rear Differential Service and I know the S-belt is a lot cheaper that $70 as is the Fuel filter (correct me if I am wrong)

How easy is the Emission port to clean out and how much should it cost? Also comment on his rates for the rest of the stuff.

Alok

Reply to
Buhda

What kind of filter? The serpentine belt is pretty simple to do and the part is under $30 at the dealer (I bought one friday). I'd say have the diff checked if you suspect issues, do the belt yourself, add fuel injector cleaner (RXP works pretty well) to the gas every once and a while and go from there. I might also look for an independent Isuzu tech who can do what you really need done without gouging you. Andy

99 Amigo V6
Reply to
Busman

Good question - just had our 02 Trooper in for it's 15k service...they said they highly recommend doing the fuel injection cleaning every 15k...so I say sure. Total bill was a tad over $200 - half of which was the fuel injection cleaning. Does it really make a difference - necessary at all? Cheaper to do yourself somehow?

Wesley

Differential

Reply to
Wesley