Dot-3,4 for Clutch Master Cylinder of 1995 Trooper

Quick (stupid) question. The master cyliner for my clutch on my 1995 trooper says to fill with dot-3,4. Is this Dot-3 OR Dot-4 fluid? Is there a difference? My master cylinder is not full but has some fluid. My clutch
feels a bit soft. Should I fill with dot-3 or dot-4 fluid?
Thanks
George

trooper
You can use either 3 or 4. I'm not sure of the difference, other than 4 is a more modern spec
rhys