elec. window

drivers side window will go down electrically but will not go up unless manually/phsically pulled up,what items/parts need to be replaced

I had a problem where the window was binding on gunk in the channel. The motor just didn't have enough torque to overcome the drag. I cleaned the channel out thouroughly and then lubed it with ArmorAll. Works fine... until it gets gunked again!
BuddyW On 09 Feb 2004 02:12:24 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (RLGIRSCH) wrote:

(RLGIRSCH) wrote:

I did not remove the inside panel... so just the upper portion. I did spray enough ArmorAll in the channel that it would run down, inside the door, though. I ran the window up and down several times to help work it in and clean up the excess. As I said, it's not a permanent fix as it does get gunked up again, increasing the drag on the window.
I've noted that other vehicles have a kind of felt in the channel... that should help the window glide more smoothly, IME. But then, that wears out leaving a gap for wind to whistle through.
BuddyWh