Electric window problems on 96 Rodeo

Hi,

I'm thinking I'm going to have to take this to a mechanic, but figured I'd check here first. The passenger side window mechanism seems to have broken, leaving the window in the down position. I took the door trim off, looked inside, and I see a couple of cables dangling around. They aren't broke, but they look like they should have been wrapped around some pulleys or something else to hold them in place, but aren't anymore. The window moves up and down freely, but I'm sure that the cabling isn't right. Any ideas on what to do with this? It doesn't look like the door can be taken apart any further, so I don't really know where to go from here.

Thanks, Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Laughlin

"Bruce Laughlin" wrote in news:1f093$42866382$97d5fb4f$ snipped-for-privacy@ALLTEL.NET:

figured

around.

wrapped

my drivers side did the same thing, these cars use a cable and pulley style regulator to raise and lower the window. when the cables come off, the regulator is worn out and in need of replacement. mine cost me about $70.00. and i installed it myself, it wasnt to big of a deal, but i am somewhat mechanically inclined...

Reply to
electro punk

I am too, but maybe not as much as I need to be ;-) How far apart did you have to take the door? I took off the door trim, and the plastic water barrier, and could see a bit of what was inside, but didn't see a way to get in to actually get at the mechanics. Is there a fixed number of times the cables have to wrap around certain things, etc? Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Laughlin

"Bruce Laughlin" wrote in news:bef3a$4287b8d2$97d5f367$ snipped-for-privacy@ALLTEL.NET:

plastic

the regulator is attached to the inside of the door by bolts that you remove from the outside, if i remember correctly there is one plastic snap in clip, i think in the center at the top, and then 2 bolts that attach the reg to the glass, you have to lower the glass, and look through the hole to see them, as far as re-wrapping cables around pulleys, i dont really think that you can do that, you just have to buy a new reg, and it comes with pulleys, cables and everything, ready to install and attach to door and glass...it really isnt a very hard job at all, i have a book, but never even had to open it, hope this helps...

Reply to
electro punk