engine light on. '05 rodeo

how do I turn it off? has 9,300 miles on speedometer
-- fingers
View this thread: http://www.carstalk.net/viewtopic-371484.htm
Send from http://www.carstalk.ne
Something is wrong.
You get the code indicated by said light scanned, diagnose the problem, then fix it.
Light off.
gas cap on tight? double check....that caused my 2001 rodeo Engine light to come on about 1 month after I bought it. tightend cap and all was good.

You need to find out why it is on and repair the problem. Its under warranty so take it to the dealer. You can drive it by an auto-zone parts store. They will read the code for you.
Disconnecting the battery for a few minutes will clear the code but it will just come back if the problem isn't resolved.
fingers wrote:

miles wrote:

box for 30 second. why have to reprogram the radio..but as they say if there still is a problem it will just come on again gas cap is the biggest culprit