engine revs up when chanding gears

My Rodeo 1993 revs up in between changing gears when its cold so i have to let it warm up a lot in the mornings i think its the fuel injection or something I dont know but when i change gears it revups
and gradually goes away as i drive anyone have any ideas what it might be It did not do this before
kalijessiedog wrote:

Is it a turbo diesel engine? Kind regards, Erik-Jan.
"Erik-Jan Geniets" wrote: > kalijessiedog wrote: > > > > My Rodeo 1993 revs up in between changing gears when its > cold so i > > have to let it warm up a lot in the mornings i think its > the fuel > > injection or something I dont know but when i change gears > it revups > > and gradually goes away as i drive anyone have any ideas > what it > > might be It did not do this before > > > > Is it a turbo diesel engine? > Kind regards, > Erik-Jan.
its just a bsic unleaded fuel 6 cyl
kalijessiedog wrote:

In that case I do not know. With diesel engines a worn turbo can give this problem. Maybe someone else in this group. Kind regards, Erik-Jan.
Could your throw out bearing be bad or your clutch be slipping? Does not sound like fuel injection to me. Andy
wrote in message

wrote in message

Stuck throttle?

Stuck throttle would be my guess too. Check the throttle cable housing, and the throttle linkage with the engine off in the morning. Do this by hand and see if it returns to the idle position without binding. Do this before you warm up the engine.
Sounds like a dirty intake. Remove the boot from the intake and spray throttle body cleaner onto and around the butterfly.

and
and
Our 94 Trooper got a recall something about the throttle possibly sticking...any chance the Rodeo could be the same? Though you probably would have gotten a recall notice if it had been...
Wesley

and
and
We're all assuming manual transmission here, but the poster didn't say.
If this is an auto, it's transmission "flare" -- not an engine problem.
Jack
good answer what type of transmission does the vehicle have ? standard or automatic ? ASE certified transmission tech...dont buy a new computer for your car have yours rebuilt ask me snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net