engine revs up when chanding gears

My Rodeo 1993 revs up in between changing gears when its cold so i have to let it warm up a lot in the mornings i think its the fuel injection or something I dont know but when i change gears it revups and gradually goes away as i drive anyone have any ideas what it might be It did not do this before

Reply to
kalijessiedog

Is it a turbo diesel engine? Kind regards, Erik-Jan.

Reply to
Erik-Jan Geniets

"Erik-Jan Geniets" wrote: > kalijessiedog wrote: > > > > My Rodeo 1993 revs up in between changing gears when its > cold so i > > have to let it warm up a lot in the mornings i think its > the fuel > > injection or something I dont know but when i change gears > it revups > > and gradually goes away as i drive anyone have any ideas > what it > > might be It did not do this before > > > > Is it a turbo diesel engine? > Kind regards, > Erik-Jan.

its just a bsic unleaded fuel 6 cyl

Reply to
kalijessiedog

In that case I do not know. With diesel engines a worn turbo can give this problem. Maybe someone else in this group. Kind regards, Erik-Jan.

Reply to
Erik-Jan Geniets

Reply to
Busman

Stuck throttle?

Reply to
DollarBill

Stuck throttle would be my guess too. Check the throttle cable housing, and the throttle linkage with the engine off in the morning. Do this by hand and see if it returns to the idle position without binding. Do this before you warm up the engine.

Reply to
reader

Reply to
Rick

Our 94 Trooper got a recall something about the throttle possibly sticking...any chance the Rodeo could be the same? Though you probably would have gotten a recall notice if it had been...

Wesley

Reply to
Wesley

We're all assuming manual transmission here, but the poster didn't say.

If this is an auto, it's transmission "flare" -- not an engine problem.

Jack

Reply to
JR

Reply to