Evaporator Canister/Fuel Canister

Can anybody help with this. Recently had the fuel tank and fuel pump replaced in a 1993 Amigo. A few days after the fuel canister under the hood near the firewall (believe it is called a fuel or vapor canister) had fuel pouring out the bottom.

Had the canister replaced and after a few days gas starting pouring out the bottom.

I have had a few people say that there is a hose at the bottom but I do not see any other lines. The main fuel lines goes into the canister and then it goes out from there but don't know if there is something else missing or if there is another reason why the gas starts pouring out.

Don't know if this was just a defective part of if there may be something else wrong.

The tank and fuel pump came out of a 1989 Amigo and supposedly all the fuel tank assemblies are the same from around 1987 through about 1995 or so.

Please help...desperate.

Reply to
Debora Breard