exhaust system

The exhaust system on my 99 3.5 gas Trooper from the cat back has rusted and fallen off. 44,500 easy miles and lives downstairs every night. Few if any aftermarket parts are available. Isuzu says to rush right down to an Isuzu dealer and pay them to replace the system with the same crap it came with at my cost. I've had new cars and trucks from the 60's and never gone less than

70,000 miles on an exhaust system. Time to get rid of this piece of garbage. Ron
Reply to
RON

Any muffler shop will weld on a new pipe, muffler, cat etc. I assume you live in an area that snows and they salt the roads? I live in Arizona and have never ever had an exhaust system rust. They last longer than the car itself here!!

Reply to
milesh

"milesh" wrote

My nissan sedan lost a muffler, the local garage pulled another out of their attic (literally) and welded that on. cost me $30 for the pipe and muffler and $30 for labour, thats about USD 35

rhys

Reply to
rnf2