fix moonroof on 95 rodeo/honda passport?

i did a google search for groups that discuss isuzus and hondas and this seemed like a good place to start my query. my kid bought a 95 honda passport 3 weeks ago--as you know, its an isuzu rodeo in disguise.

what i want advice on, is where to turn [ we're in los angeles] to find out what we might be able to do about seeing if the moonroof and ceiling light on this thing can be made to operate again. we bought it used with 137k miles on it, 'as is'. my kid was in the automotive tech classes at santa monica college for a year until the state budget crisis knocked the program out of the curriculum last june. he's not what you'd call a car fanatic, not one of those kids who's been under the hood and smothered in car magazines all his life. so he's not the kind of person who would have tons of friends who would know what to tell him.

got any tips where we ought to go to hook up with other owners of passports or rodeos--web or in person--to find out stuff people know how to fix from experience? we don't have the manual either. can we get an exploded view of the mechanism that operates the moonroof and the light? he's "softslope17 (at) webtv dot net" my adress is here too--wish i had put 'no spam' in it when i signed up. too late now to hide from the bots. sigh. TIA guys. i expect to be here quite often with more Q's

jai

Reply to
jschwa