Fuel Injector 99 trooper

My idle has been going crazy for a while and had a diag done. I was told that one of my cylinders is not working but it is getting spark. They think it is injector #2. They wanted to replace both plenum gaskets ($$$$) because of a vacumm leak at the ait intake. Does this make sense?

I've recently been getting a high pitch whining noise that changes along with the RPMs. The noise went away but now I get a rattle.

The Trooeper has 77k miles and ive been pretty good about maintenance. Any ideas???

Nate

The high pitched whining noise could be the Turbo if you have one. Is your trooper a fuel injected gas or a diesel?

Reply to
rnf2

I have a 2000 Trooper, 3000 cc TD. I have changed a Fuel Injector after a dirty fuel refill..... sigh In Italy the Injector costs 380 Euros...... The simptoms were like yours ......

Good luck .... Bye, Marco

"N" ha scritto nel messaggio news:6QgMb.65041$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com...

Reply to
Sandro