Fuel Injector 99 trooper

My idle has been going crazy for a while and had a diag done. I was told that one of my cylinders is not working but it is getting spark. They think it is injector #2. They wanted to replace both plenum
gaskets ($$$$) because of a vacumm leak at the ait intake. Does this make sense?
I've recently been getting a high pitch whining noise that changes along with the RPMs. The noise went away but now I get a rattle.
The Trooeper has 77k miles and ive been pretty good about maintenance. Any ideas???
Nate

The high pitched whining noise could be the Turbo if you have one. Is your trooper a fuel injected gas or a diesel?
fuel Injected and it does not have a Turbo. The noise went away eventually.
rnf2 wrote:

I have a 2000 Trooper, 3000 cc TD. I have changed a Fuel Injector after a dirty fuel refill..... sigh In Italy the Injector costs 380 Euros...... The simptoms were like yours ......
Good luck .... Bye, Marco

Thanks!!! Mine is not a diesel but a bad injector is always a bad injector.