Head Gasket on 89 Trooper

What would/should a garage charge for replacing this on an '89 4-cylinder?

Thanks,

Paul.

Reply to
kkk

the gasket itself shouldnt run any more than about $20-$30 dollars, and it should take an experienced pro about 1-2hours to do it.. I'm not sure what the going labor rate in your area is, but around here, it's about $45/hr..

Of course, if you did it yourself, you would save a LOT of money.. I4 engine head gaskets are usually fairly easy.. but depending on the exact layout of the engine compartment, can be a little time-consuming.

Chuck

Reply to
Zex0s