Help! What am I in for?

Hi, this is my first post here.
I just bought my first Isuzu a few days ago, a new 2003 rodeo with the 3.2L engine. Love it so far, but I am in a near panic because I just
ran across a single paragraph on the 'net that says Isuzu will probably be out of business within 2-5 years!
If this happens, what will my warranty be worth, will I be able to get parts and service in the future? Did my resale value just collapse in fits and die?
HELP!
Thanks
(p.s. email address is bogus)
Relax, it hasn't happened yet, some other company will buy the remains of it.

Hate to be negative but... I'm retired now, but had worked for a multinational corporation that I won't mention here, but all would recognize. Our division was responsible for field service. The division took on one after another of dying companies to continue to provide service. It was a real moneymaker, but in effect, we acted as undertakers for those products and it wasn't long before it was completely impractical (financially and timewise) for the consumers to continue maintaining the product. In short, the customer wound up getting screwed by both the defunct company and our division who were to continue support. (Just another way for big business to shear the sheep)

Isuzu Japan is a very healthy company, they make a vast majority of their income from light and medium duty trucks, like the NLK and ELF, cars and SUVs area very small part of their business. Isuzu America may fold, since AFAIK it just sells USVs pickups and small cars, with very little sales in light trucks, but as long as Isuzu Jpan is there, you'll get parts for the current vehicles.
rhys
On 23 Jan 2004 10:55:05 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@mailinator.com (rodeo_driver) wrote:

That was the only thing I didn't care for with regard to our Isuzu Trooper....the resale value was absolutely horrible.
- -- Curtis Newton snipped-for-privacy@remove-me.akaMail.com http://surf.to/cnewton <delete remove-me. to respond to email> ICQ: 4899169

So just don't sell it 'cause it'll last forever and then some!
BTW, anyone got a link/address for leather seats for the Trooper? EU preferred, but availability may be poor so any sources are welcome. Thanks.
--
madiba

Thank you all for your answers. I feel so much better now. When you spend 20 grand on a vehicle, peace of mind is priceless!
The so-so resale on the Isuzus doesn't bother me hardly a bit, as we buy new and keep 'till the wheels fall off.
Surprised their vehicles aren't more popular, we were impressed with the quality, styling and especially the value of our Rodeo.
Can I ask one more question: If I buy the fog-light kit from the dealer, is the truck already pre-wired to hook them up real easy?
Thanks!

most are, not all models tho, I know most of the bighorns/troopers and Mu/Amigos/Fronteras are prewired post 99.
rhys

My 98 Trooper is pre-wired and ready to go if I wanted to spend the $$$$ to get the lights from St Charles Isuzu... (but I don't want to spend that much!) r/ Steve