Help with 92 Rodeo Rear Differential

I am working on my girlfriends '92 Rodeo 4X4, V6, 5spd, the rear carrier broke. I did some digging on here and it appears to be a GM 10 bolt 7.625 carrier/ring gear. I purchased a Zexel Torsen series 3
posi unit out of a 2002 Camaro, but it won't work. The Original ring gear is too thick to allow the C clip retaining pin to slide out. Can someone tell me what carrier I need for this thing? Thanks, Kurt
On 14 Jan 2004 04:06:21 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@epix.net (Kurt) wrote:

not to be flippant, but how about looking in a salvage yard for a carrier from another '92 Rodeo. I can tell you though that my wife's 93 Rodeo most definately doesn't have a 10 bolt in it.
-Bret
(Kurt) wrote:

I tried this approach first...no luck. I called locater services and couldn't find one. Besides, it's a heck of a lot easier to swap just the carrier than the entire rear IMO. Thanks, Kurt