Help with tracing and testing wires for a in tank fuel pump PLEASE!

I have a 1990 Isuzu Trooper GLC. 2.8 engine. I have recently replaced the in tank fuel pump. Still not starting. I have checked the relays,

20amp fuse, direct power (12V) to the new pump in the tank and it does kick in. I only did that a very short time. I needed to know if the connections on top of the mounting bracket on the tank worked. I am at a loss as to how to trace and test the wires. If I turn the key on, it's my understanding that the pump is supposed to kick in for a couple of seconds then shut off. Mine makes no sound at all. Should there still be power at the pump wire if the key is left on and I use a test light. I know this is a lot of questions but I'm getting desperate and frustrated. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Reply to
Rascal