High idle on 99 trooper

My 1999 Trooper has a problem with high idle I t starts around 1,000 then goes up as far as 2,000 this occurs in the span of less than a week. If I pull the breaker to the computer it will reset and the idle becomes normal
for a few days, but then starts to go back up again. Any one know what might be causing this???