Honda Passport - Timing Belt

Car: 1995 Honda Passport Issue: Clicking sound from timing belt. Remedy: Replace Timing Belt Tensioner
Problem: I already have installed a new timing belt. The tensioner was
known to be bad at replacement, but no replacement tensioner was available. I now have the new tensioner ready to be installed.
Can I just install the new tensioner and keep existing timing belt, or should I replace the belt as well? The existing timing belt has about 3,000 miles on it; however, it has been operated by the old, failing tensioner.
TIA
Aaron
ajpdla wrote:

If the belt does not show any kind of wear, just keep it. Kind regards, Erik-Jan.
--

http://www.fotograaf.com/trooper

Finally got around to replacing the timing belt tensioner on this rig. Following the replacement, however, the cilcking sound seems to have gotten louder. Which is all good, I guess. The old tensioner, when I got down to it, was leaking more oil from around the seal and was barely providing any apparent additional tension than what the belt does as attached to the various sprokets. It was apparently allowing the right amount of tension to keep the clicking from getting any louder.
I do notice that when I drive the car harder, the clicking goes away. But, when it presents itself, it is much louder than before I put the new tensioner into the vehicle.
However, the complete rocker shaft, HLA, and tensioner job now has been completed. PHEW!!!
Aaron