How do I re-program the factory alarm remotes on my 1994 Rodeo?

How do I re-program the factory alarm remotes on my 1994 Rodeo? The later 1998 and up patterns do not work. Alarm system works, new batteries in original remotes, antenna wire straight. I believe there
is a sequence of ignition on-off, open/close door, etc. Thanks in advance for help!