idler pulley

Had to replace the alternator/fan idler pulley.Part seemed excessively expensive. How much should it have cost?

Rob wrote:

I repaired the idler pulley on my 3.2L V6 engine last week. The bearing disintegrated.
The pricing for the pulley was like this: Online - about $62 Through a friend at a Subaru dealership - about $50 At O'Reilly Auto Parts - $15 for a plastic, substandard fit part Just the bearing - $8 at a local bearing supplier.
I went with the bearing replacement. Took about 15 minutes to press the new bearing into the pulley and install everything including the belt.