intermittent check engine light

92 model isuzu trooper with 70k miles
recently started showing check engine light but only when accelerating once engine revs drop to idle (ie. standing in traffic light) the CE light goes
off
any guesses ? ((I know,,I know,,,goto autozone, but besides that...:))
Tom wrote:

does it do this only when engine is hot? that is, after you've driven a few miles?
if yes, my guess would be fuel grade - ie. you're using premium gas instead of regular
Mine did that a couple of years ago and the error code was a sticky EGR valve. I used a can of Sea-Foam in my gas to clean it and the injectors, but any good fuel additive/cleaner will work. I throw a half can in every few weeks and has not ocurred again.

KC0HH wrote:

can you direct me to the location of the EGR valve ?

The EGR valve is on the manifold.. But you don't do anything to the valve itself. Just throw a 1/2 can of Sea-Foam in your gas tank when you fill up for the next few fillups and then once a month or so from then on. I also used a can of spray injector cleaner to spray directly into the intake manifold while you rev the engine up my hand. You would not believe all the crud that came out my tail pipe. My light has not come again....
Rick