isuzu alternator replacement

buddy's car developed following symptoms today when parked for a few minutes 1. slight electrical burn odor 2. dashboard lights turned on and stayed on while engine is running,
Antilock, O2, Fuel, Brake, Battery
I told him to just replace alternator, any other things to consider?
the car is a 93 trooper with 60k miles
he did drive it home for about 30 minutes and while all the dashboard lights mentioned above stayed on, no problems (did not stall or die) and perhaps the alternator still works (just barely trickle charging)
Joe Isuzu wrote:

Same thing occurred on my previous 1986 Trooper. Replacing the alternator and the regulator solved the problem. The 1993 Trooper does not have a separate regulator as far as I know. Kind regards, Erik-Jan.
--

http://www.fotograaf.com/trooper

Erik-Jan Geniets wrote:

replace. My '93 Isuzu 250kb pick-up did the same at 300,000km, and it cost me R30 to (about US$6.00) to replace them.