Isuzu Ascender 5-Passenger

The 2005 Isuzu Ascender 5-Passenger is a 4-door, 5-passenger sport-utility, available in two trims, the S 2WD and the S 4WD.

Upon introduction, the S 2WD is equipped with a standard 4.2-liter, I6,

275-horsepower engine that achieves 16-mpg in the city and 21-mpg on the highway. The S 4WD is equipped with a standard 4.2-liter, I6, 275-horsepower engine that achieves 15-mpg in the city and 20-mpg on the highway. A 4-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is standard on both trims.

Come on for other features of Isuzu Ascender 5-Passenger at

tom_car

I'm not trying to be a "nit pick" but according to the factory, (see main link that follows)

and also on my information as an owner of a 2005 Ascender the horsepower is rated at 291 on the 4.2L engine and also the Ascender is available as a 5 passenger or 7 passenger model depending on the size that the owner wants. They seem to sell more of the 7 pass model. Also a much larger V-8 engine is available and most dealers have several of the V-8 models on the lot and is more suited for those that tow heavy boats trailers, farm trailers, etc. The mileage estimates if equipped with the 4.2l in-line six are:

MILEAGE ESTIMATES AND FUEL CAPACITY

Fuel tank 21.7 gal

Fuel economy (city/highway)2 Automatic 2WD Automatic 4WD 16/22 mpg 15/21 mpg

My mileage combined city/hwy using Mobil One synthetic oil has been 17/22 mph while using the air cond for the whole period and now I have stopped using the A/C and hope to get some higher mpg driving statictics. I really love this SUV more than anything that I have ever owned before with the exception of my Harley Davidson XLR.

Ern : -)

begin 666 gn_spacer.gif K1TE&.#EA`0`!`( ``````````"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P`` ` end

Reply to
Ernie