Isuzu Rodeo 4WD light blinking - stuck in 4x4

My 1999 (57K miles) Isuzu Rodeo 4WD light is blinking and would not go away. It is actually stuck in 4WD so I took it to Dublin Chevrolet/Izusu for repairs. They first said that front axle 4X4 module
is faulty and needs replaced. After replacing still the same. Then they said that brain (?) behind 4X4 is bad so it was changed, same results.
Now, it is Friday and my vehicle has been with them since Wednesday; I am worried that they may keep replacing (at my $$$ expense, offcourse) parts one at a time until it is fixed. I would rather get an upfront estimate and then decide what I want to do. Are they correct in their approach?
Any suggestions on the problem or their approach of fixing this vehicle? Much appreciated.
Does the 99 Rodeo use the same Torque on Demand system as the Trooper? If yes, I know there have been reports of problems with the solenoids on the front end that would keep 4WD from engaging or disengaging properly...
Wesley