Isuzu Rodeo CD PLAYER

I have a 2001 Rodeo that JUST turned 60,000 miles and slowly but surely over the last couple of weeks the CD player has stopped playing. A couple of
bays still work but the others seem to be kaput. The error I get is Error 1.
any thoughts?
I just had the same condition with my daughter's '01 Rodeo w/6 disc changer. I procured(i didn't buy it, don't know price) a Radio Shack CarbonEdge cd & dvd lens cleaner. It worked great! And I thought the laser head was bad-it didn't play in any position until the cleaner was used. You may have to run it through a couple of times to be 100%.
Joe D

thanks!!