isuzu rodeo ran out of gas and now wont start

i ran out of gas and now it wont start. i was told there could be air in the fuel injectors. how would i get the air out?

Reply to
kddtwice

Unfortunately, you may have just learned an expensive lesson. It's not like the old days with many fuel pumps now. Quoting from

"The primary way fuel pumps fail is by running your car or truck out of gas. Since the fuel is used to lubricate the fuel pump, running the car out of gas will burn up the fuel pump very quickly."

I hope yours is only a priming issue and not a burned out pump.

C.R.

Reply to
keyes04

I am not clear whether the vehicle is petrol or diesel fuelled. On my diesel Trooper I kept pumping the manual fuel pump located on top of the fuel filter, as there is a fuel return pipe to the tank I presumed that most air in the fuel delivery system would be pushed out. It worked for me.

David

Reply to
David