Isuzu Starting Problems 99' Rodeo

I have a 99 Isuzu Rodeo, 4wd, 6 cyl, LSE, Auto. It has 60k miles on it. I just got through replacing spark plugs, new timing belt, new water pump, new intake gasket, new fuel sending unit, new cooling unit (measures temp of vehicle and somehow affects the fuel system), new fuel filter, new air filter, oil change. The problem is still there. I bought the suv used about 53k miles, and the problem has gotten worse. It will not start right up, it cranks for about 5-10 seconds before it turns over and starts, then it take about 20 seconds for the rpms to level out at normal idle. It also stalls out sometimes at low speeds, less than 3mph or when shifting from fwd to R. I saw that there may be a fuel pressure regulator on this vehicle, but I don't know if that could be it. If anyone out there thinks they may be able to help me I would really appreciate it. I have taken it to the shop and had it put on a computer, and they told me that everything checked out ok. The computer is definitely missing something. Please e-mail me if you can help me with my problem. snipped-for-privacy@charter.net Shane

Reply to
Scrambler

"Scrambler" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

fuel sending unit.do you mean puel pump?I say go have your transmission checked,I have a 94 4wd 3.2,it would stall when I came to a quick stop from 30-35 mph,also uphill in reverse,it turned out to be the tranny,I'm on my second rebuilt tranny @ 145692,this time is the last.The tranny on my rodeo is the same one used

Reply to
rkamp

Sounds like the Idle Air Control valve. Your IAC has no feed back circuit therefore not setting any trouble codes.

Reply to
Jeff