Isuzu Stylus Q

Hello
My friend has a '91 stylus 5speed and 1st gear produces the roughest ride I have ever felt. The entire car surges and bounces no matter how smooth the
clutch is let out - it also does this when the clutch is fully out. Is this a common thing, or is something wrong??
Thanks, John
PS - do all stylus's outer door handles need to be pulled (raised up) before shutting the door in order to lock the car? I found this to be really strange.
John wrote:

looks like one of the rubber mounts of the engine is gone. kind regards, Erik-Jan. http://www.fotograaf.com/trooper

--
The Meeting Place for Photography