Isuzu Transmission Oil

how do you change the transmission oil on a trooper -94? automatic transmission, no bolts to partially drop pan and no drain plug
only thing I could figure on doing myself was to use a suction pump from the
dipstick side and drain maybe one or two quarts, refill, run it for a couple weeks and repeat procedure maybe three or four times

Isn't there a drain plug on the pan? There should be a drain plug and fill plug. I do not believe there is a dip-stick on this GM auto transmission, which is supposedly "sealed, maintenance free" .
The best way to service it is to have a "pro" do it with a power flush... they remove the pan, drain and refill the torque converter with a pump. If you find a shop you trust (with real mechanics and not high-school kids who work on your truck the same way they bashed on their Tonka trucks a couple years before) and is not too expensive this works out well.
I generally drain whatever fluid I can... around 1/2 total on my Maxima... and refill. Every 15-20K miles. AT fluid doesn't degenerate in the same way engine oil does so running with a mix of old and new isn't an issue so long as you do it more frequently to keep it fresh.
The 94 does have a dipstick...can't say where the drain is though. I can't offer any advice on changing the fluid...my expertise stops at engine oil changes. :-)
Wesley
wrote:

transmission, no

the dipstick