isuzu trooper '94 3.1 - fuel pump problem

Hi my son has just bought an Isuzu Trooper, 3.1 diesel, 1994! after having to put on a new starter motor, things improved, but has a problem with the fuel pump, when using the motor
for the first time every day he has to prime the fuel pump by going under the bonnet a doing this with some button on the fuel pump!! does anyone else have to do this, seems quite wierd to me, who wants to be having to lift the bonnet every morning before you can make a move. Once it has been primed the motor starts ok for the rest of the day, just seems once it has been stood overnight then it has to be primed, Does anyone know anything about this is this normal?! Are there any books sucxh as haynes for this motor as haven't beena ble to find one so far,many thanks Jude.
Maybe an air leak in the fuel system?
Ask here: http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums /
jude1952 wrote:

Thank you will get him to check it out,cheers.
Pason wrote:

Pason wrote:

more likely the fuel pressure regulator needs to be replaced. it's located (standing in front of car) slightly on the right side of the throttle body, underneath. requires a star-hex-socket, single bolt, cost about $25 at napa or adv auto parts.
THANK YOU Will pass this on to my son and he can take it from there. Mark wrote:

jude1952 via CarKB.com wrote:

just to clarify, it's the fuel pressure regulator that costs circa $25. lots of hoses and clamps need to come off before access to the part and because some fuel will come out, the work should be done in a very well ventilated area
post back if that fixed the issue

Somehow I dont think NAPA is selling parts for Isuzu Trooper diesel engine... AFAIK it was never sold in USA
Peter