Just received Recall Notice....

I received a ABS System Recall (Repair Notice) for my 99 Rodeo.
Free of Charge repair at Isuzu Dealer.

--
Grant
http://WebDesigner.QuickSiteMaker.com

I do not have the notice in front of me, or I would type more details. It almost looked like junk mail at first.

I got a similar one for my 98 Rodeo about a year and a half ago.

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Mike wrote:

I just got mine today for my 99 Rodeo LS. It says:
When applying the brakes in your vehicle on a bumpy road surface or when one side of the road is more slippery than the other, you may encounter extended stopping distances. This could lead to a crash.
Your Isuzu dealer will make a change to the ABS system in your vehicle free of charge to reduce the chances of extended stopping distances under these cricumstances.
I have personally experienced just the problem they are describing when driving too fast out of my gravel driveway. You can feel the brakes slip and jerk as the ABS system seems to get confused or not work correctly. I for one will have the work done as soon as I can get to a decent Isuzu dealership.
Jeff _______________________________________________________________
Jeff E. Haydel UNIX Systems Programmer
Department of Systems & Networks          Network Services Mississippi State University
Email: snipped-for-privacy@Ra.MsState.Edu         Office: 117 Allen Hall          (662) 325-0631 http://www2.msstate.edu/~jhaydel/index.html
"This message contains 100% recycled bits. No new bits were used in the making of this message." _______________________________________________________________
"Jeff E. Haydel" wrote:

I have had that problem many times as well. This recall was issued a few years ago but was spread out over several years for model years 98 to 00. Some dealers have stated that the problem was fixed in 4th quarter 1999. It involves reprogramming and AFAIK does not involve replacement of any components.
Hello, milesh ! You wrote:

ago.
surface or when

encounter
your vehicle

distances under

describing when

brakes slip

correctly. I

decent Isuzu

issued a few

98 to 00.

quarter 1999. It

of any

My 99 Rodeo ABS light came on about 9 months ago. When I turned off the engine and removed the ignition key, I noticed the ABS pump was running. I opened the hood and disconnected the 12volt power cable from the pump so it would stop running. About 6 months ago the fuel level sending unit went bad. I removed the fuel tank & replaced the sending unit. Since I didn't have the appropriate tools to calibrate the new sending unit, I called the dealer and asked them how much they would charge for the calibration. They quoted me $70. Then I asked them if they would check the ABS system while the car was connected to their computer during the calibration and explained the problem with the pump running continuously. They told me about the recall of the ABS module. When they calibrated the fuel gauge they changed the ABS module and the problem with the pump was solved.
Mechster