Locating ALDL diagnostic connector help

I am trying to locate the ALDL diagnostic connector in my 1994 (October) Rodeo. The Hayes manual says it's under the instrument panel to the left of the center console. Another source on-line says its in the passenger
compartment. After an hour of looking I still couldn't find it. Any hints?? Thanks in advance.