Need catalytic converters + exhaust for 1997 rodeo V6

Need catalytic converters + exhaust for 1997 rodeo V6
My converters are clogged (so says the dealer) and wants 2600.00 to change it out with new parts.
Please help!

Go to Autozone and get it ALOT cheaper...
GuitarMan,
Will I have any problems passing emissions with the parts from AutoZone?
Anyone with past experience on this issue please chime in.
Thanks Chrisalm

You shouldn't... I replaced my entire exhaust system and it passed with no problems.

You should be able to go to just about any independent muffler shop and get a "generic" converter for much less than any dealer. Lots of these shops do great work at bargain prices. Andy 99 Amigo V6

GuitarMan, Busman,
Thanks for the info, hopefully I can have my rodeo back in running condition soon.
-chrisalm

Let us know how you make out Chris...

Chris,
For the life of me, I cannot imagine why your dealer wants such an "outrageous" sum of money to change what is usually an easy labor operation and the cat should not be priced anywhere near that amount of money. He must think that a new one is still born every day, Opps, correction "A new sucker will be walking into our service dept. every 24 hours". LOL!
I went to one of the custom exhaust sys/muffler shops here in my home town and got an after market cat installed for $260.00 for my 2.6L 1990 Trooper. That included labor and state sales tax! YMMV!
Ernie