Need - Rear Bumper '99 Rodeo with Hitch

I'm new to this group and was hoping someone here could help. I'm looking for a rear bumper with a class III hitch for my '99 Rodeo. I've been searching for months now and have had no luck at all. My main concern, and why a standard hitch won't work, is that I want to maitain the maxiumum amount of ground clearence as possible. I take this truck off road so anything that would keep my departure angle them same would be great.

Any help you could provide would be very appreciated.

smk

Reply to
Stratis Kakadelis

I don't think there is such a thing as a Class III bumper hitch. I've seen a few bumper hitches rated pretty high, but if it's anything close to the

5000lbs rated for most Class III hitches, I want a weight distribution system, and you have to have a 2" reciever for that. Look at it another way - the 2" receiver is cheap insurance in case you get rear-ended by a smaller car. Dad's 90 Trooper got hit so hard from behind that it sheared off bolts on the hitch and still messed up the bumper - but it kept it out of the door! And another time someone gently bumped him, didn't touch the trooper because of the hitch - but the car had a nice 2" square imprint in the front bumper. :-) It would probably protect your bumper a bit too. just don't do like I did and mount the 7-pin plug underneath the hitch - I found that out the hard way the first time I took our Trooper off the beaten path. :-) Anyways, my 2 cents for what they are worth...

Wesley

Reply to
Ntelos