New Engine Block: Best Places to Look?

Some elderly friends of mine have a 2000 Isuzu Trooper LS (3.5L, 6 cylinder). It threw a rod. From my reading a new cylinder block and possibly then some is necessary. I have never shopped for an engine before. Where's the best place to start? Local salvage yards? My favorite import mechanic (I do have one for my Honda Civic)? Somewhere else?

Any other caveats?

Reply to
Elle

Best site I have seen for stuff like this - lists a number of salvage yards and sorts them by distance.

Reply to
Mark