New Isuzu Pickup in UK

I am thinking of buying the new Isuzu Pickup truck recently launched in the UK; it has been called the Rodeo in the UK.

Does anyone have any experiencs of tyhis new model - good or bad ??

I currently have one of the older models, and although it is a little basic, it has proved to be very reliable and robust.

Many thnkas

Reply to
Dave

I'm suprised that they called it the Rodeo since that name has been used for so long for their 4 door SUV in the USA. That new pickup is not marketed in the USA but in some other countries it is called the D-Max. The largest engine available is the 3.0 liter diesel. I love Isuzu products but they have never been competitive in the pickup truck market. Toyota and Nissan have been far more popular for small trucks. For mid to full sized Chevy, Ford and Dodge are the more popular choice. Both Toyota and Nissan have larger trucks out now but am not sure if they market them in the UK. Since this is a new product, before looking into this truck, I'd like to know the history of the powertrain used. Has this engine and transmission been proven in other vehicles elsewhere?

Reply to
Miles

I understand that the engine is currently used in the NKR and NPR light duty trucks in Europe and the gearbox in a new unit made by JATCO. Transfer box is an all nw unit made by Isuzu.

Reply to
Dave