O2 light reset 93 Trooper

My O2 light came on right at 90,000 miles. I have a 93 Trooper 3.2 with 5 speed manual. I have looked in my Haynes and Chilton manuals and cannot find a way to turn it off. I will live with the light before I take it to a dealer. If I know how to turn it off, I will do that. Can anyone help? Thanks

Reply to
mikl

You're supposed to replace the O2 sensor. At least on mine (89) there is a switch on the back of the instrument cluster that you flip to reset the idiot light.

--Kamus

Reply to
Kamus of Kadizhar

Reply to
mikl

The Haynes I have for Isuzu trucks which includes Troopers but doesn't go up to 93 shows a screw on the back of the instrument cluster that must be moved from one hole to another.

If you haven't checked the index in your manual, look under O2 sensor. It was in the maintence and tune up section of the one I have.

Good Luck.

Reply to
Big Ed

Had this on my '93 Trooper as well.

You are right about the screw behind the instrument cluster (I learned the hard way... called the 3 dealers, none claimed to know how to reset it one said something about inside the instrument cluster... I took the cluster apart which was a big mistake. $600 later to replace the cluster because my speedometer no longer worked.) The key is to not take the instrument cluster apart once you have it out of the vehicle and you will be fine.

Once you pull the cluster out (it is all electronic so no spedo cable to worry about) look at the back... in about the middle, you will see a screw (don't remember what it says on the circuit board, but there is a position you can move it to right next to it, and I think it is under a piece of tape. But it is the only other place for you to put the screw that is remotely close to it.

Reply to
99trooper